We Accept AfterPay
Visa Mastercard AMEX Apple Pay Google Pay

Buying Or Selling A Car

If you are Buying or Selling a Car, then one of the basics that you must be aware of is the Safety Certificate.

It is generally the Sellers responsibility to provide this.

Although, if you buy a car unregistered, you will have to get the Safety Certificate.

A grey toy car, n°1

A safety certificate is issued after a vehicle passes a minimum safety standard inspection.

A safety certificate covers basic things that could affect the safe operation of the vehicle, such as:

  • tyres
  • brakes
  • steering
  • suspension
  • body rust or damage
  • windscreen
  • lights.

You can get all of the up to date information about Roadworthy or Safety Certificates from the government website.


Before we go on, there are other things that you should be aware of when buying a car, including:

  • is there outstanding finance on the car?
  • is the car a fair price for it’s age and mileage?
  • and other things not covered by the Safety Certificate, such as the car’s mechanical history.

Your local mechanic at Exhausts and Mechanical in Labrador & Biggera Waters, QLD can help with the Safety Certificate and advice on the general mechanical condition of the car.

We can also advise on known problems with certain car makes and models.

This knowledge could save you thousands in unexpected repairs.

The wording in the government website is important.  The Safety Certificate is a . . .

“minimum safety standard inspection”

The Safety Certificate is NOT a guarantee that the vehicle is perfect and trouble free.

It just certifies that at this point in time it is safe to drive on the road.

Another reason to talk to your local mechanic at Exhausts and Mechanical in Labrador & Biggera Waters, QLD about the mechanical condition of the car BEORE you buy the car.

Bosch Auto Service
Scroll to Top